Marketing trends seemed to have remained somewhat constant and stable over the last 50 years. However, there has been a tremendous change in both, progress and rapid increasing growth within the last 5 years.
Digital marketing is the unsung hero that needs to be praised and thanked. Digitalisation is a practical and actionable technique that has brought remarkable progress in eCommerce.
Every digital marketing company in London talks about the extreme power and effectiveness of this Method of marketing. It is the advertising campaigns and their effective execution that establishes your brand and increases its demand.
It is no longer possible to ignore some emerging digital trends in this visual environment. Let’s take a look at these trends:
1. Artificial Intelligence
Soon the world will be guided by the power of Artificial Intelligence. The robots are more accurate and less expensive than humans.
It has been predicted that the robots will contribute to 14% GDP across the world between now and 2030.
Organisations should adopt AI because of these reasons:
- It will allow them to obtain or sustain their competition.
- They will get opportunities to move into new businesses.
- New organizations using AI will add to the competition.
- The frequent use of AI will create pressure to reduce costs.
- Incumbent competitors will emerge and evolve.
- AI-driven products and services will take over.
- The demand for AI-driven offerings will increase.
AI will soon take over the following sectors and services.
- Customer service chatbots
- Basic communication
- Product recommendations
- Content creation
- Email personalisation
- eCommerce transactions
Businesses that will adopt AI in this year will be able to derive immense growth in the near future and cut down on their staffing costs.
Chatbots are one of the latest digital marketing trends. The AI-based instant messaging technology serves your website visitors 24 x 7.
More than 80% of online businesses have preferred chatbots because they sound more intelligent than humans.
Visitors prefer chatbots because they provide with accurate information they have. They can promptly recall your buying history and never lose their patience. Chatbots offer the best customer service to date.
Recently, a survey listed some important stats regarding chatbots:
- 63% of respondents prefer interacting with chatbots over humans.
- By 2020, chatbots will power than 85% of online businesses.
- The major benefits of Chatbots are an instant response to enquiries, 24-hour services and answers to simple questions.
- The chatbots will help businesses save over $8 million per annum in the next 2 years.
Major brands including Uber, Food Panda and Pizza Hut are already using this chatbot technology to communicate with their customers.
3. Video Marketing
If not the most important, Video marketing is one of the most important trends today and continue to be for the next 5-10 years. The importance of incorporating videos into a digital marketing strategy can be analysed from these numbers.
- People share videos of different brands.
- Videos improve the conversion rate of any business.
- 52% of customers have admitted that watching videos of the products they intend to buy, help them make a better choice.
- 65% of people visit the website after watching the video and 39% of them call the vendor.
- By far, video remains the most popular medium of impacting your customers.
With the advancing technology, YouTube is not the only platform to share the videos. Live broadcasts on Facebook, Instagram or LinkedIn is a great way of influencing your customers and witnessing higher user-engagement.
The sales-pages and emails have lost their efficiency in this mobile era due to the small size of the screen. Video leave the same impact irrespective of the size of the screen.
The presence of a video on your website increases your chances of getting onto the first page of search result by 53 times. Videos bring drastic improvement in your Search Engine Optimisation and thus rankings.
They allow you to reformat your content and you can do a number of things with it.
- You can transcribe the video and generate its text version.
- The transcription can be embedded under the same Video on your YouTube channel.
- The same Video along with a raw transcription can be shared on Facebook to get more impressions.
- The audio can be ripped alone and can be used as a podcast episode.
4. Social Media Trends
Analysing the three main social media networks available, the below-given results were observed.
- Facebook: Static or declining usage. The biggest user-group of this platform happens to be the older people (age 55+)
- Instagram: The overall acceptance of the platform has increased in the last few years. However, the largest user-group is 25-34 age group followed by the 18-24 age group.
- Snapchat: The biggest user group is also of age group 24-35 showing that the platform is not for teens only.
Upon reading this analysis, we know that Instagram with its increased usage and advertising options is considered best for putting ads. Facebook ads mark the growth of 40% per year over the year whereas this growth is 177% on Instagram.
Linkedin and Twitter are the best platforms for B2B promoters. Social media experts know how Twitter is painted negatively but it engages a significant number of users across the globe.
5. Email marketing and marketing automation
It is one of the most challenging tasks to find new and innovative techniques of email marketing. The recent email marketing trends are more relevant and interactive to mobile sessions. The recent benchmarking email experiences talk about the good state of the art.
Email and content marketing integrate with customer journey across omnichannel touchpoints.
Immersive technologies and smart techniques are constantly changing the future of Digital Marketing. The way brands analyse customer data and interact with their users have a come a long way. It is believed that over time it will convert into a more personalised and tech-savvy experience.
Better customs and conversational content helps you to stay ahead of your competitors and increase conversions. The next step is to share the content with the more targeted-audience.
Overall, it is important to invest in insanely futuristic techniques if want to stay ahead of your competitors.