Estimated reading time: 8 minutes, 54 seconds
Do you have any idea about the most popular e-commerce solution in the world? As per the Alexa study, 20% of all digitally used e-commerce platforms are Magento. In the world of e-commerce, Magento has made a tremendous influence. Magento website Development Companies have aimed to offer an excellent user interface with global attributes and a mobile-friendly theme. It contains valuable instruments, such as cross-selling and upselling, which enable consumers to create more transactions. As a result, you will achieve substantially increased revenue and sales. Ecommerce alternatives typically come in one of two dimensions: designed for persons with no technical experience, or a lot of experience. When you prefer an on-site solution like Magento, your IT unit will be capable of:
- Conduct the latest adjustments
- Maintenance service
- Compliance with PCI
- Configure alerts and implement patches to plugins
- In 2007, Magento was first released. Later, in 2011, the company was owned by eBay and became an independent entity once more in 2015. The current revelations took place in May 2018, when Adobe acquired Magento.
- Magento, in September 2018 confirmed the end of Magento 1 life which happened actually in June 2020. In March 2019, Adobe introduced its latest Adobe Commerce Cloud, which is effectively a flexible and scalable cloud-based version of Magento that incorporates with other Adobe tools.
Table of Content
- Why Magento is the first choice for Customers?
- High tech Safety
- Point of Sale solutions
- Integration of Payments
- Magento B2B
- Effect of Magento CMS on e-commerce in the world
- Drawbacks of Magento 1
- Magento Migration or Upgradation
- Advantages of Magento 2
- Which one have improved results: Magento 1 VS Magento 2?
Why Magento is the first choice for Customers?
Magento is an open eCommerce technology platform effectively used by vendors worldwide, ranging from small business owners to large woo-commerce traders such as ASUS, Paul Smith, and Christian Louboutin Ford, Wrangler, Silent Night, Harvey Nichols. Magento offers cooperation with leading sales options.
Here are some key features of Magento that makes it the customer’s first choice.
1. High tech Safety: You may be worried about viewing Magento Security Papers. Yet CMS is among the most stable e-commerce sites to invest in. Magento 2.1, for example, is fitted with many revolutionary features to avoid attacks on unique locations. The CMS enables you to use the mask to limit entry. The X-Frame-Options HTTP request header prevents your webpage from click-jacking threats.
2. Point of Sale solutions: Every business acquires multichannel plan that ensures both selling online and in physical stores, having your e-commerce synchronised with your point-of-sale (POS) system becomes crucial.
3. Hosting: On-site self-hosted or cloud-based.
4. Integration of Payments: Integrated payments of Magneto are linked through Amazon Pay, multiple PayPal methods.
5. Smartphone: Pre-incorporated smartphone interface utilises HTML5 technology and endorses iPhone, Android and Mobile Opera web pages with a range of features to assist positive UX mobile devices, such as pinching, multi-touch and resising pictures, simple sliding between product images and zooming capabilities.
- Implementation of Google Site Map and Auto Generation Site Map.
- SEO-friendly URLs for revise control.
- Editable metadata at both goods and attribute level.
- The relevant search terms page that is auto-generated.
7. Quality: Features of Magento Shipping:
- Shipping rewards for USPS
- The available support (at a cost)
- Multiple carrier printing capabilities for bulk labels
- International shipping
- Multi-shipping and performance
- Rules for automating the shipping process and the in-cart rating
- Alternatives for dynamic and static in-cart value
- Tracking up-to-the date by email or on a labelled scanning page
- Portal Returns
8. Multi-Shop: Perhaps one of the strong points of Magento is its potential to boost different brands, stores, and B2B/B2C consumer experience from a single platform.
9. International: In a world economy, one of the benefits of e-commerce is that it can make it simpler for your companies to grow internationally.
10. Flexibility: Magento is an open-source e-commerce website that offers digital retailers a highly flexible shopping cart framework, as well as influence over their online store's layout, content and features. Magento has efficient ads, synchronisation of search engines, and software for catalogue maintenance.
Magento offers features to endorse the particular requirements of B2B companies. Here are some key points pf Magento B2B mentioned below:-
- Specialised Account Management Tools to enable B2B consumers to handle their corporate accounts.
- Interface for multiple purchasers to share a single account.
- Better, automated quotation demands through third-party integration.
- Flexible terms of the transaction.
- With Magento, you can offer customised themes to meet your brand, but you must either recruit a Magento website designer to develop it or buy from a global market.
Effect of Magento CMS on e-commerce in the world
Magento has shown a significant influence on the field of e-commerce. The revolutionary features and website designs of Magento have made every attempt to provide consumers with an outstanding experience.
As a result, vendors spend in B2B Web Portal Growth to achieve substantially higher revenues and profit.
According to reports, Magento CMS-based e-commerce firms receive 40% more sales than their rivals. All credits go to its tremendously useful functionality and scalability. It also allows sellers to push more buyers into an expanded level of marketing strategies.
There are now two principal versions of the platform, Magento 1 and Magento 2. Overall, Magento is beneficial to configure and expand a rising enterprise.
Drawbacks of Magento 1
1. Layout: The primary problem with Magento 1 was its efficiency, which was enhanced in Magento 2. Magento framework has improved with the inclusion of a range of innovations, like compatibility for updated models of Composer, Symfony, Apache, NGINX, MySQL, PHP, CLI, and automatic support for Memcached, and Redis, Varnish.
2. Performance: Your market success has prime consequences for the output of your e-commerce shop. You should expect to see more visitors and therefore require a way to satisfy the increasing expectations of the visitors. That's why success was one of the important factors for the transition of the platform.
3. Quality: It is among the chief Magento 1 grievances. Magento 1 has maximum faster loading speeds of more than two seconds. It is a point of concern because surveys have shown that transition rates fall sharply per second of load time. As per Google, the total criterion for the acceptability of the e-commerce platform is 2 seconds
4. Panel: Magento 1's control panel was quite cumbersome and hard to sustain. An innovative dashboard, which Magento 2 stocks, was also absent.
5. Payments: Through this e-commerce approach, shop owners may incorporate several of the common payment methods to be used on their Magento platform. However, this typically involved the integration of third parties or, often, custom production work.
Magento Migration or Upgradation
Magento has gone through fluctuations, like any other network. It has a promising future, despite being threatened by Shopify. The purchase of Adobe has supported it with an upsurge. The frequent upgrades and fixes also render them highly stable. There is also a strong probability for Magento to recover a large number of missing users in 2021. In the upcoming years, it would be fascinating to know their tussle against other e-commerce sites.
Advantages of Magento 2
- Magento 2 is faster all over with better front-end results. Compared to Magento 1, Magento 2 shop pages are 30 to 50 per cent smoother and can accommodate up to 39 per cent more transactions within an hour. Also, Magento 2 can manage 10 million page views within an hour.
- Unlike the chaotic architecture of Magento 1, the Magento 2 admin panel is much more reactive, user-friendly and collaborative with a clean and sleek website designs. As a result, shopkeepers with little technological experience will run their Magento 2 stores effectively.
- It provides a robust dashboard displaying last, current and average sales, lifelong net revenue, top trending keywords, income tax, and bestsellers. Browsing for details is fast, and navigating to the Magento 2 list is more effective.
- Many of the latest innovations listed above have helped refine Magento sites for quicker distribution and decreased browser response time. Magento 2 is quicker all over in front-end results with page loading speed on average around 50 per cent speedier on webpage and merchandise sections. Checkout is 38% faster.
- Even though Magento 2 has utmost changes in Magento 1 results, you will also require to be diligent in improving your site pace. It not only increases your exchange rates, but it also influences your SEO. Slow processing times harm crawl performance, which gives rise to fewer pages being indexed to search engines.
- Magento 2 now facilitates the most common payment methods automatically, without needing additional integrations. Funded portals are PayPal, Authorise.net, and Braintree.
- The admin panel is an upgrade of Magento 1 in terms of convenience of navigation but also has a sharp learning curve. A lot of projects can be daunting to set up and handle, and if you are not putting them in the right order, you can get confused.
- The updated dashboard reveals last purchases, and monthly orders; lifelong net sales, popular search keywords, income tax, bestsellers, and more. It also allows consumers to configure goods and adapt data networks to what they choose to display the most.
Which one have improved results: Magento 1 VS Magento 2?
Again, Magento 2 was favored by the programmers over Magento 1. Almost 68 per cent of developers stated that the efficiency of Magento 2 is much higher than that of Magento 1 as updated modules, a better code framework. React/PWA (Progressive Mobile Apps) was introduced on this platform. In contrast, just 28 per cent preferred Magento 1.
You can guarantee compatibility by an upgrade to Magento 2. Magento 1 will become an out-of-date platform in the next few months caused by lack of mainstream support, release upgrades and security patches.
Technology is updating and bracing itself for difficult situations, trying to make our lives simpler. If you are about to start your new eCommerce company, always make sure you are moving through the next 2021 trends.
Magento is the world most successful forum for e-commerce growth. Being controlled & revamped by Adobe in May 2018, it has a vast opportunity of being implemented with several result-oriented functionalities. Hence, new trends in Magento website designs and development can be seen in 2021. It will have a massive influence and beyond in the e-commerce world.
RVS Media is one of Magento's top global development companies, where you can find Magento's skills at an advanced level. If you are looking to recruit experienced Magento developers or are growing your tech unit, we aim to deliver our customers with reliable storefront models by collaborating with diverse Magento versions such as Magento 1 & Magento 2.0.
Ready to get started?
To check what we can do with your business and eCommerce store, get in touch.