What is the purpose behind generating content? Engaging your users and making your SEO effective.
Content is known as King.
Writing content for your website is like choosing a path. You can take a difficult path of producing up-to-the-mark, original and effective content and grab the success, or you can walk on an easy path and keep producing the same poor content that will eventually never take you anywhere.
The importance of content while marketing your online business is indisputable. Content marketing is the most effective tool to increase your ROI. The highly ranked, user-focused content drives traffic and leads to your website. No digital marketing company in London can deny the importance of content.
In this blog, I am sharing 9 keys to produce the best SEO content of the year.
1. Use the right keywords to target the right people
You cannot start writing a blog just like that. You need to find answers to a few questions first.
- What kind of information do you want to share?
- What kind of audience you are dealing with?
- Why do they need this information?
- Which keywords will they use to reach your content?
The answer to these questions will help you in creating relevant content.
Segmentation is the key to break down the answers into the required information.
- Audience research: Identify the kind of audience you want to cater to. Search for the platforms where they congregate. Survey their requirements. Figure out their demographics, habits, preferences and stats by talking to them and use the information.
- Keyword research: The keywords describe the search intent of the audience. You need highly relevant and profitable keywords that are related to your products or services.
At last, you need to find the right topic based on the right keywords and requirement of your audience.
2. Readability of the content
Incredible readability is the first thing that shoots your content to the top of SERPs. Every single word on your page should be compelling and motivating your audience to stay and read.
When the user clicks on your pages, stays there and read it gives a signal that he has found the answers to his queries and the information is relevant to them. The time is called ‘dwell time’ and Google ranks your pages according to this time.
The reading analysis of Google is based upon its artificial analysis. It is the search engine ranking algorithms that keep an eye on your content every second. It is difficult for these algorithms to make sense of complicated structures.
Make use of short sentences, simple words and two-line paragraphs so that AI algorithms can read them easily.
Use proper H1, H2 tags and bullet points to organise your data and add proper formats to improve readability.
In short, your content should be:
3. Create long, in-depth content
The latest Google trend advocates in-depth content that shares deep and far more knowledge of the subject. The content that discusses every possible angle on the topic intensifies Google’s interest.
Upon tracking the SEO practices of best SEO agency in London, you will realise that the sites providing detailed content coverage brag higher rankings. Sites that lack proper content coverage remained weak and suffered.
Follow these few tips to create in-depth quality content:
- Prefer writing long-term blogs – at least 2000 words or more.
- Explore the topics that give you an opportunity of covering different angles and facets.
- People love reading ultimate guides.
- The content should be research-based. Instead of scratching the surface with a cursory Google search, start using Google Scholar or JSTOR.
4. Improved page speed
You must be wondering how the speed of the website is connected to the SEO content? Eventually, it is. The success of your content depends on how fast the pages of the website loads.
No one has the patience to wait for the pages to load and access the content. Research reveals that half of the shoppers don’t wait for more than 3 seconds for a page to load.
The faster the speed of your website is, the more are the chances of success for your content.
5. Visuals are a great catch
I recently came across research that revealed that content with attractive images enjoys 94% more views as compared to content without an image.
The well-designed and high-quality images catch the attention of the viewers and help them in focusing on your content.
It is important to note that you cannot throw some old, irrelevant, random and overused image, and expect the same kind of results.
Right images make your website appear cohesive, professional and enhance its authority.
6. Highlight facts
The internet has become an outrage these days and people use this platform to make outlandish claims without any supporting information.
Now you know how important it is to create content based upon supportive facts and actual data. This content will help you stand apart in the crowd and carve a special place for your blogs.
7. Format Content for Featured snippets
Featured snippets are the little pieces of information that get much value in SERPs. Accurate snippets get the most desirable place, the first top spot in the search engine rankings.
Whenever a user asks some particular information related to your content, these little blocks show up in the Google results.
The little demons are known to steal the show.
Try these snippet tactics to increase the chances of your content getting snipped:
- Include definitive answers in your content.
- Create the highest-quality content.
- Include numbered and bulleted lists.
- Give priority to stats and data.
- The logical structure of content.
8. Be the expert
As per the recent updates of Google, the authority and reputation of the content creator hold great importance. The latest search quality evaluator guidelines highlight that the creator’s history also contributes to the quality of the page.
These two points evidence the above statement:
- The first-hand experience of the writer (if he is creating content for 10-years, took lessons and you are an experienced horse rider).
- The web wider reviews about you (reviews about you, author bios, news and discussions about you)
Make sure to create an About Us section for your website and add your bios at the end of every article you write.
9. Original research
It is a massive magnet when it comes to writing SEO content. Include fresh stats, latest studies, updated information and cite links from authoritative websites. The authentic research helps you reach your target results earlier.
- Research says that it brings 74% more traffic to your website.
- It experiences 63% more social shares.
Make sure to compile original results and analyse all the possible data and metrics.
- Focus on the right keywords and the right audience.
- The readable quotient of the content should be high.
- It should be long enough to discuss every angle and context.
- The speed of your website should be good.
- Use images and graphics.
- The content should be driven by facts.
- Use featured snippets.
- The authority of the author does matter.
- Research is the key to great content.
Free SEO audit report
Let us review how we can help you improve the SEO aspects of your website, increase rankings and boost traffic.